Scallops in tempura with lard of colonnata and julienne vegetables
Recipe for: 2/3 people
200 g cornflour
100 g pastry flour
Green courgettes carrots
1 Naples onion
Mayonnaise, to taste
Soya sauce, to taste
Lard of Colonnata
Iced fizzy water, as required
Salt, to taste
Ginger-flavoured oil, to taste
OLITALIA - FRIDÒR oil
- Make a basket using two sheets of filo pastry and place it upside-down on the bottom of a tin-foil baking-sheet and cook at 180°C for roughly three minutes.
- Moisten the filo pastry before putting it in the oven.
- To prepare the tempura, put 200 g cornflour in a bowl with 100 g flour, a pinch of salt and the iced fizzy water and mix to the required consistency; leave to rest in the fridge for at least 15 minutes.
- Open the scallops and dry on kitchen paper, keeping the lower shell of each one.
- Julienne the carrots and courgettes and toss in the pastry flour and cornflour, then fry in a good quantity of OLITALIA - FRIDÒR oil at approx. 170° C.
- When the vegetables are golden, remove and dry then arrange them on the bottom of the pastry basket.
- Cut the onion into thin rings and dip in the batter, then fry in a good quantity of very hot OLITALIA - FRIDÒR oil.
- Dip the scallops in the batter, then fry in a good quantity of very hot OLITALIA - FRIDÒR oil.
Assembling the dish:
Once the scallops are golden and dried, wrap in the lard of Colonnata and place in the pastry basket on the carrots and courgettes and then garnish with a couple of onion rings.